BROOKFIELD, Wis. – The 2013 National Funeral Directors Association Professional Women’s Conference will bring together funeral directors, educators, expert presenters and suppliers in a unique, intimate gathering to generate new ideas, foster professional growth and create lasting friendships. This conference, which is the leading gathering for women in funeral service, will take place April 26-28 at the Westin Poinsett in Greenville, S.C.
In addition to the popular roundtable discussion session, attendees can look forward to conference sessions covering a wide range of topics:
- Better Utilization of Your Skills for Superior Results presented by Craig Caldwell of The Dodge Co.
- Rethink and Retool for Real Results presented by Lacy Robinson of Aurora Casket Co.
- Business Law Toolbox presented by Chris Farmer, of Sheehy, Ware and Pappas; general counsel for the Cremation Association of North America
- Engaging Today’s Employees presented by Mary Ellen Chiffriller of SCI
To kick off the conference, the annual Funeral Service Foundation Fund Day event will take place April 26. Attendees will reconnect with their inner artist at “Art with Heart,” an event that will benefit women in Funeral Service. Guests will enjoy a wonderful glass or two of wine – not to mention some amazing desserts – while receiving a hands-on painting lesson from a local artist. No previous painting experience is required and attendees will leave with their very own piece of art, suitable for display at their home or office. Art with Heart is sponsored by the Foundation Partners Group.
The registration fees for the conference are:
- NFDA member licensed funeral directors – $449 on or before March 26; $499 after March 26
- Non member licensed funeral directors – $599 on or before March 26; $649 after March 26
- Non-funeral director – $449 on or before March 26; $499 after March 26
- Second registrant from the same organization – $399 on or before March 26; $499 after March 26 or before March 26
- Mortuary science student – $60 on or before March 26; $70 after March 26After March 26
- Art with Heart – Funeral Service Foundation Fund Day (optional) – $75 on or before March 26; $85 after March 26
For more information about the NFDA Professional Women’s Conference or to register, visit www.nfda.org/pwc.
NFDA has arranged for a special room rate of $155 plus tax per night at the Westin Poinsett, downtown Greenville's only four-diamond hotel. Attendees must secure their rooms by March 26 in order to receive the special NFDA rate. For more information about the hotel, visit www.nfda.org/pwc and click on the “Hotel/Travel” link on the right side of the page. Attendees who wish to reserve a room should call 1-800-Westin1 (1-800-937-7861). They should mention the “National Funeral Directors Association Professional Women's Conference” to receive the $155 room rate.
Posted Feb. 26