ICCFA Presents Member Awards for 2013
STERLING, Va. – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association honored numerous members during its 2013 Annual Convention & Exposition, April 10-13 in Tampa, Fla.
The ICCFA certification program recognizes individuals who have demonstrated a high degree of competence and a high level of cemetery, cremation, funeral management and supplier experience and skills. The ICCFA awarded the following designations:
• William B. Addison Jr., CCFE, CCrE, executive director of Evergreen Mortuary, Cemetery & Crematory in Tucson, Ariz., received the Certified Cemetery Funeral Executive (CCFE) and Certified Cremation (CCrE) Executive designations;
• Anthony Carpinello, CCE, superintendent of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, in New York City, received a Certified Cemetery Executive (CCE) designation;
• Gary M. Freytag, CCFE, president of Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, received a Certified Cemetery Funeral Executive (CCFE) designation;
• Caren L. Harville, CCE, CFuE, general manager of Glen Haven Memorial Park & Mortuary in Sylmar, Calif., received the Certified Cemetery Executive (CCE) and Certified Funeral Executive (CFuE) designations;
• Mark Jorgensen, CSE, president of Global Recruiters of Cincinnati received a Certified Supplier Executive (CSE) designation;
• Robert McNerney, CFuE, CCrE, owner of Green Hills Mortuary & Memorial Chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., received the Certified Funeral Executive (CFuE) and Certified Cremation Executive (CCrE) designations;
• Frederick W. Miller, CCE, CSE, president of Memorial Business Systems, Inc. of Brentwood, Tennessee, received a Certified Supplier Executive (CSE) designation;
• Harry C. Neel, CCFE, president of Jefferson Memorial Cemetery & Funeral Home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, received a Certified Cemetery Funeral Executive (CCFE) designation;
• Blair H. Nelsen, CFuE. CCrE, director of governmental relations with Service Corporation International in Richmond, VA, received the Certified Funeral Executive (CFuE) and Certified Cremation Executive (CCrE) designations;
• William Phelps, CCFE, sales manager at Gwen Mooney Funeral Home in Cincinnati, received a Certified Cemetery Funeral Executive (CCFE) designation; and
• Rufus Slade, CCE, CCrE, property manager at Woodland Cemetery & Arboretum in Dayton, Ohio, received the Certified Cemetery Executive (CCE) and Certified Cremation Executive (CCrE) designations.
Certified Pet Loss Professional
The Certified Pet Loss Professional certification is to recognize those persons who have attained the highest level of achievement within the pet loss services profession. The PLPA presented the certification to:
• Bettye Clem, Toothacres Pet Cemetery Services, Carrollton, Texas;
• Mackenzie Clem, Toothacres Pet Cemetery Services, Carrollton, Texas;
• Beverly Cox, Rolling Acres Memorial Garden for Pets, Kansas City, Mo.;
• Charles Hutchinson, Austin Pet Memorial Center, Austin, Texas;
• G. Bradley Kraft, Floral Haven Funeral Home & Family Center, Broken Arrow, Okla.; and
• Suzette Roggentien, Rolling Acres Memorial Garden for Pets, Kansas City, Mo.
Quarter Century Club
The International Cemetery and Funeral Association presented awards honoring those who have belonged to the association for 25 years.
Inducted into the Quarter-Century Club were:
• David Cosgrove, Cedar Memorial Park, Cedar Rapids, Iowa; and
• Robert Guerriero, Rockville Cemetery, Lynbrook, N.Y.
Half Century Club
The International Cemetery and Funeral Association presented awards honoring those who have belonged to the association for 50 years.
Inducted into the Half-Century Club were:
• William B. Addison, Jr., Evergreen Mortuary, Cemetery & Crematory, Tucson, Ariz.;
• Bobby Assiter, Peaceful Gardens Memorial Park, Lubbock, Texas; and
• Daniel E. Reed, Genogram Solutions, Springfield, Mo.
ICCFA University Scholarships
ICCFA University, to be held July 19-24, 2013, at the University of Memphis in Memphis, Tenn., is the only school of its kind for cemetery, cremation and funeral service professionals.
The ICCFA Educational Foundation awarded a $2,000 scholarship to ICCFA University to:
• David Ferrara, Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township, Mich.
The Central States Cemetery Association made an endowment to the ICCFA Educational Foundation in 2009 to establish a scholarship to ICCFAU for applicants from the states of Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. A CSCA full-tuition scholarship was awarded to:
• Becca Ehlert, Pinelawn Memorial Park & Mausoleum, Milwaukee, Wis.
The ICCFA Next Generation Committee congratulates the following recipients of a $1,600 scholarship to the 2013 session of ICCFA University:
• Christopher Cooke, Evansville City Cemeteries, Evansville, Ind.;
• Paula Lindsey, Williams Funeral Home, Columbia, Tenn.; and
• Kristina Schneider, Swiss United Church of Christ and Cemetery, New Glarus, Wis.
In addition, through a generous donation by Merendino Cemetery Care, the committee awarded a scholarship designated specifically for an active or veteran member of the armed forces or military reserves. The committee is pleased to present the $2,000 scholarship to:
• Michael Sanchez, Green Hills Mortuary, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.