Industry News

FDLIC Named Best Company to Work for in Texas

ABILENE, Texas – Funeral Directors Life Insurance Co. was recently named number one on the list of “Best Companies to Work for in Texas 2014” in the medium-size (100-499 employees) company category, according to a news release. The awards program was created in 2006 and is a project of Texas Monthly magazine, the Texas Association of Business, Texas Society for Human Resource Management, and Best Companies Group.

Thestatewide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor 100 of the best places of employment in Texas, benefitting the state's economy, workforce and businesses.

“It is a great honor to be recognized as the number one Best Company to Work for in Texas in our category,” said Kris Seale, FDLIC president and CEO. “One of our objectives as a company is to be known as a great place to work. We have dedicated ourselves to creating an atmosphere where our employees are empowered to grow and develop—mind, body, and soul. But truly, this award goes to the men and women who make up our organization. Ultimately, it is our people who make the difference,” said Seale.

Companies from across the state entered the two-part survey process to determine the Best Companies to Work for in Texas. The first part of the evaluation process consisted of analyzing each nominated company's workplace policies, systems, philosophies, practices, and demographics, which accounted for approximately 25 percent of the total evaluation. The other 75 percent of the evaluation consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined scores determined the top 100 companies and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process in Texas and also analyzed the data and used their expertise to determine the final rankings.

The rankings were recently announced at the Best Companies to Work for in Texas banquet, held in Austin, Texas, and were also profiled by Texas Monthly magazine in a special publication that was released in conjunction with the event.

FDLIC, rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, is a legal reserve life insurance company which specializes in the sale of insurance-funded preneed funerals throughout the nation.

For more information on the Best Companies to Work for in Texas program, visit www.BestCompaniesTX.com or contact Jackie Miller at 877-455-2159.


 
























Wilbert Funeral Services Names New ...
Homesteaders Releases Enhanced Onli...
Indianapolis Funeral Center to Beco...
More industry news