DES MOINES, IOWA — The Homesteaders Assurance Trust, a pre-need funding product offered by Homesteaders Life Company, is now available in Mississippi. The product is designed to provide safe, secure prearranged funeral funding to the consumers served by Homesteaders’ funeral home customers.
“The Homesteaders Assurance Trust allows funeral home owners to place funds into a trust while having confidence in the security and safety of Homesteaders as an investment vehicle,” said Homesteaders’ president and CEO Steve Lang.
The Homesteaders Assurance Trust offers the very best features of traditional trust funding with the added security and guaranteed face values provided by insurance funding. Additional benefits include:
• Access to Homesteaders’ PartnerPoints® and Casket Alliance programs
• No 1099 on trust account proceeds
• Insurance license not required
• Ability to retain state-allowed withholding prior to depositing in trust
• Competitive growth
• Option to earn Homesteaders Assurance Trust Reward Points on Homesteaders Assurance Active® and Homesteaders Assurance Balanced products
The trust product is offered through Homesteaders and its trustee, Regions Bank. It is currently available in 10 states, with plans to expand its availability in the coming months.
For more information about the Homesteaders Assurance Trust, contact your Homesteaders account executive or call customer service at 800-477-3633.