ORLANDO, Fla. - The Board of Directors of The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards has
selected 10 recipients to receive the National Board Examination (NBE) Scholarship. Each ABFSE accredited program was asked to
submit one candidate name to The Conference based on their own criteria. Winners were selected at random during the Board of
Directors Meeting on Feb. 25 in Orlando. The NBE Scholarship allows each recipient to sit for the NBE at no cost.
The 2014 NBE Scholarship recipients are as follows:
• Claudette Delva, American River College
• Arielle Fouts, Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science
• Kandice Jacobs-Armstrong, Florida State College at Jacksonville
• Tanner Moore, Lake Washington Institute of Technology
• Jewel Murray, University of District of Columbia
• Domanik Phillips, Dallas Institute of Funeral Service
• Eric Smith, Wayne State University
• Paula L. Sullivan, Northwest Mississippi Community College
• Lucas Dylan Teague, Ogeechee Technical College
• Bethany Wozniak, Mt. Hood Community College
The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards is headquartered in Fayetteville, Ark. Founded in 1904, the membership of The Conference is composed of funeral service licensing boards and regulatory agencies throughout the United States and Canada. For more information on The Conference, visit www.theconferenceonline.org.